First, a short summary of the Evil Dead movies for those who haven't seen them, or as I call you, the, "evil dead challenged":
- The Evil dead (1982)
- *A.K.A Book of the Dead (1982)
- *A.K.A The Evil Dead, the ultimate experience in grueling horror (1983)
- *A.K.A Into the Woods (1979 Working title)
buy the latest remastered version here
can they be stopped?
- A group of college kids vacation in an isolated cabin in the woods. Upon arriving, the kids find the Necronomicon, or "book of the dead. A nearby tape recorder contains translations of some of the text. The campers decide to play the tape, unknowingly releasing a demonic force (Don't ya hate it when that happens?) which one by one possesses all of
the campers except the hero, Ash (Bruce Campbell) who must deal with the evil abominations.
(Yup, there it is. The necronomicon ex mortis
in all its flesh-bound, blood-inked glory...)
- Evil Dead 2 (1987)
- *A.K.A. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987)
- *A.K.A. Evil Dead 2: The sequel to the ultimate experience
in grueling horror (1987 end title)
It got a 10 for violence at reel.com, gotta love it!
2 Terrifying, 2 Frightening, 2 Much!
Kiss your nerves goodbye!
- really more of a remake than a sequel, this one has Ash vacationing with his girlfriend Linda in a cabin in the woods. Ash plays the tape like the first movie, and awakens an otherworldly evil in the woods. The force quickly claims Linda, and while Ash is dealing with her, Some locals arrive with the son and daughter of the professor who owned the cabin . Once again, only Ash is left by the end to battle the "evil dead" which descend upon the cabin,
and once again, carnage ensues. Ash is taken back in time in the end by a magic portal opened from the text of the Necronomicon to dispell the evil.